Read Around Yolo
Read Around Yolo (R.A.Y.) is our book club in a bag program.
To reserve a RAY bag during the COVID-19 pandemic, please follow Hosting Book Discussions during COVID – how to reserve a Read Around Yolo book bag and how to safely hold a book discussion (pdf).
You can check out tote bags that contain 10 paperback copies of a book and discussion materials, including author information, questions, tips on facilitating discussion, and a sign-out sheet to help keep track of the bag’s contents.
Requesting a R.A.Y. bag
- Any Yolo County Library cardholder can borrow a book club bag.
- To reserve a R.A.Y. bag, please use our online reservation system.
- If you have any questions, please call (530) 666-8005.
- Bags can be picked up or returned at any of our locations.
- Bags may be reserved up to two years in advance.
Checking out a R.A.Y. bag
- Each bag will be checked out on the library card of the person who reserves it. That person is responsible for the bag and all of its contents.
- Bags must be checked out as a whole; individual contents cannot be checked out separately.
- Bags and their contents have a six week loan period, with no renewals.
Returning a R.A.Y. bag ** During COVID-19 please call to arrange a time to return the R.A.Y. bag
- Make sure all of the contents are present before returning a bag.
- Please contact the library for replacement costs.
- Late bags will be charged a fine of $2.00 per day.
- Follow the directions from your branch library on where to leave your return.