MASKS ARE STRONGLY RECOMMENDED for all persons visiting Yolo County Library buildings, regardless of vaccination status. Each library will have mask required hours, view your branch location for times.
Frequently Asked Questions
Returning Library Materials
How do I return my items?
Items may be returned in Yolo County Library branch book drops. The book drops are open 24/7. Items that do not fit in the book drops can be returned during library open hours.
How can I return RAY Bags?
Please return these items to a library staff member during library use hours.
Are you accepting donations?
No, Yolo County Library is not accepting donations at this time.
The Davis Friends of the Public Library and The Winters Friends of the Library are accepting donations. For more information: https://davislibraryfriends.org/donations and https://wfol.org/book-sales-and-donations/
The West Sacramento Friends of the Library are taking donations of magazines under 1 year old.
- Does the library offer WiFi?
- Yes, our WiFi will still be turned on and accessible outside our branch locations 24/7. The network is named PUBLIC and no library card is required to connect.
- Find up-to-date library services during COVID-19
- Services include online reference questions and reading suggestions, online library card registration, and virtual programs.
- Yolo County Library offers a wide variety of services you can access 24/7 with your library card.
- Reading Materials
- OverDrive or Enki
- Digital magazines: Flipster
- The Yolo County Library offers free access to the New York Times
- Resources for Students, Research, Language Learning, and Reading Suggestions
- Reading suggestions, favorite authors, newsletters, and many ways to search for that next great read: Novelist
- Find news articles and conduct research with Explora and other research databases
- Encyclopedia Britannica/Escolar is available on the Research page
- Career Online High School offers adults the opportunity to earn an accredited high school diploma and career certificate online
- Virtual Programming and Social Media
- Yolo County Library Facebook
- Yolo County Library Instagram
- Yolo County Pinterest includes book suggestions for young children 0 -5, kids’ books, kindness activities, books in a series, books you just can’t put down, teen reads, craft ideas, and more.
- Yolo County Library’s YouTube station has helpful tips for using your library.
When will items be due?
Yolo County Library-owned CDs, books, and magazines check out for 3 weeks. DVDs and electronic devices check out for 1 week. Early Learning Kits check out for 4 weeks. See Loan Periods, Limits, and Fees for more information. Most items will automatically renew up to three times – however, if another patron has a hold on an item, it will not renew. The renewal period is 21 days. Find out more about automatic renewal here.
What about LINK+?
All LINK+ materials have a checkout period of 3 weeks with one renewal.
You can return LINK+ items to any Yolo County Library book drop. You do not need a receipt. To confirm that the library has received the item, you may check your account online or call (530) 666-8005.
Is the Books by Mail program still operating?
Yes, Yolo County Library has re-started Books by Mail. This service is for people who cannot physically get to a library branch.
What if I don’t have a library card?
- No library card? No problem! Take a look at this information page. Yolo County residents can register for a Yolo County Library temporary eCard to access several digital services instantly at https://web-iii.yolocounty.org/selfreg. Alternatively, OverDrive also allows Yolo County residents to register for a temporary card and borrow digital items using a mobile phone number. If you got a library card online, please call (530) 666-8005 Monday – Friday from 9AM – 6PM to arrange to get a physical library card.
If your library card has expired or if you need to update your library account with a new address, phone number, or email – call 530-666-8005 or email us.
I still have a question about my account. Is there anyone who can help me?
- Call the Library at 530-666-8005 or visit your local branch library during open hours.
Can volunteers provide service at the library?
- Contact your local branch library for volunteer opportunities. To volunteer for the Yolo Reads Adult & Family Literacy program, contact us at 530-666-8019 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Will Yolo Reads Adult & Family Literacy tutoring continue?
- Yolo Reads is accepting volunteers. Find out about the Yolo County Library’s Adult & Family Literacy Program here.