California State Parks Passes
Use your library card to borrow a free vehicle day-use pass for over 200 California State Parks!
Thanks to a collaboration between the California State Library and California State Parks, library cardholders can freely access many of the beautiful beaches, forests, deserts, monuments, lakes, and rivers that make up our State Parks system.
How it works:
- Borrow or request a pass.
- All Yolo County Library locations have at least one Lucky Day Parks Pass. Lucky Day passes can be borrowed for a period of 3 weeks and are not holdable or renewable. Ask at the service desk of your local library branch for a pass. If one’s available, it’s your lucky day!
- The Library also has a limited quantity of parks passes that can be reserved through the library catalog or at your local branch. These can be borrowed for a period of 3 weeks, no renewals.
- Cardholders may borrow one pass at a time.
- Plan your adventure.
- The pass is valid at over 200 California State Parks. View an interactive map of the participating state parks. Find out which ones are NOT eligible.
- The pass entitles the user to a free vehicle day-use entry for one passenger vehicle with capacity of nine people or less or one highway licensed motorcycle.
- Park for free at a participating California State Park.
- Show the pass to a uniformed state park employee, scan the barcode on the front of the pass at the reader, or display the pass from your vehicle’s rearview mirror.
- Fill out the survey.
- Scan the QR code on the back of the pass to access the survey and be eligible to win a prize.
- Return the pass for others to enjoy.
- Passes that are not returned by the due date will be deactivated and no longer usable.
California State Parks Passes are also available as part of the library’s California State Library Parks Pass Backpacks and Nature Explorer Backpacks (for kids). In addition to the parks passes, backpacks contain books, identification guides, equipment, and other resources to learn about nature and wildlife.
*The pass is not valid at parks operated by federal or local governments, private agencies or concessionaires. Additionally, the pass is not valid for per-person entry or tour fees, boat use, camping, group use or sites, special events, commercial use, additional/extra vehicle fees, or for supplemental fees and cannot be used in conjunction with any other pass and/or discount.