FAQ’s – How to use the library and library resources while the buildings are closed
The health and safety of our community and staff is our highest priority. To protect our community in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, all Yolo County Library branches are closed until further notice.
Yolo County Library is accepting returns of library materials and providing Curbside Pickup for the lending of materials. Book drops will be open from 9AM to 6PM, Monday through Friday, and 9AM to 5:30PM on Saturdays. Patwin and South Davis Montgomery book drops in Davis will remain closed.
Given the fires in our region, the air quality has been unpredictable, and at times has required that we cancel curbside service at some locations. Notices will be posted at the library branches and on the website. We appreciate your patience.
Some frequently asked questions are below.
- What library services can I access while library branches are closed?
- Even when library locations are closed, Yolo County Library offers a wide variety of services you can access 24/7 with your library card. Online resources are currently available to all cardholders without regard to fees. Library staff will be supporting a centralized phone line, 530-666-8005, Monday-Friday, 9AMto 6PM.
- How can I get my Summer Reading Program prizes?
Finisher prizes are available during Curbside Pickup hours. Participants must wait until the library branches reopen to get their free book sign-up incentive.
- Reading Materials
- OverDrive or Enki
- Digital magazines: Flipster
- The Yolo County Library offers free access to the New York Times
- Resources for Students, Research, Language Learning, and Reading Suggestions
- Reading suggestions, favorite authors, newsletters, and many ways to search for that next great read: Novelist
- Conduct research with Explora and other research databases
- Encyclopedia Britannica/Escolar is available on the Research page
- Career Online High School offers adults the opportunity to earn an accredited high school diploma and career certificate online
- Virtual Programming and Social Media
- Yolo County Library Facebook has a schedule of online library programs. The posts will also include many useful resources.
- Yolo County Library Instagram is included in the schedule of online library programs.
- Yolo County Pinterest includes book suggestions for young children 0 -5, kids’ books, kindness activities, books in a series, books you just can’t put down, teen reads, craft ideas, and more.